Good evening Huskies,
We are getting closer to the start of the school year where our Huskies will be “Better Together”. We are working hard to ensure a safe, fun, engaging school year for our Huskies. We enjoyed seeing many of our Huskies this evening at our Open House and look forward to the first day of school on Wednesday, September 8th.
Here is a copy of our latest safety information. Please read it over carefully and let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the information in the document. Holman Back to School Plan 21-22. Please remember, as conditions fluctuate, we will continue to update and send out information.
Here are some reminders about our forms, paying fees, and our upcoming orientations and open houses. As always, all of the information you need can also be found in our Huskies in the Know.
Online Forms, Fees and Resources:
- PowerSchool Parent Portal is now open for you to create your account! (When you sign up for a parent or guardian PowerSchool account, you get easy access to class grades, attendance information, and student schedules. The portal also gives you “single sign-on” access to other online services.
- Back to School forms are now available to be filled out! Access these through the PowerSchool Parent Portal by logging in and selecting “Access Online Forms.”
- Bus routes and student schedules will be available soon. We expect bus routes to appear in PowerSchool Parent Portal on Tuesday, Aug. 31 (after 9:30 a.m.). Elementary classroom teachers will appear in PowerSchool on Tuesday, Aug. 31 (after 9:30 a.m.). Middle and high school schedules will appear in PowerSchool on Friday, Sept. 3 (after 9:30 a.m.)
- Because school meals are free for all students this year, free/reduced meal applications are not required, but families may wish to complete an application to become eligible for other programs. You can apply for free and reduced-price meals using an online application available at https://www.nlappscloud.com/District.aspx. Please note, students attending CEP schools should not complete an application and should direct inquiries to school counselors for assistance with other programs.
- Online School Payments. Elective classes at the middle and high school levels (such as Art, Music, Band, and Career and Technical Education courses) may still require a fee. Online School Payments allows families of middle- and high-schoolers to pay school fees electronically. If you need to set up a payment plan, please contact your school to schedule a meeting with an Administrator.
As you’re shopping for school supplies please add Masks to your list:
Masks – All individuals will be required to wear masks in the schools and on school buses. Important tips:
– Masks should be well-fitting, covering the nose and mouth without gaps.
– Gaiters and masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.
– Masks should have at least 3 layers.
– Consider buying at least 5 masks so your child can wear a clean mask every day.
Lastly, I would like to encourage you to join the PTA and volunteer for one of the PTA board positions. Email Danielle Ransom, PTA president, if you are interested in getting involved @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and Go Huskies!